Twelve scouts from Boy Scout Troop 674, sponsored by Church of the Savior Methodist in Montgomery, Ohio attained the rank of Eagle Scout in 2016. Eagle Scout is the highest rank in scouting and requires years of preparation, study and active leadership on the part of the 14-18 year old boys.
Most Boy Scout troops are fortunate to possess one or two Eagle advancements in a given year… bestowing twelve Eagle awards in one year is extremely rare.
Scoutmaster Rod Grabowski attributed the achievement to an “excellent group of young men who enjoy camping, working and leading together, a culture of personal advancement, and a strong adult core of scout leaders and parents to encourage and mentor the boys. We couldn’t ask for a better facility and sponsor than Church of the Savior.”
The twelve scouts who achieved the rank of Eagle in 2016 are: Chase Coyle, Jacob Grabowski, Max Hill, Jack Langenderfer, Miles Longevin, Diego Palacios, Rishi Nair, Josh Nixon, Andrew Quantz, Mitch Radakovich, Chris Seger, and Trevor Size. These Eagle Scouts contributed to leading over 1800 volunteer hours in 2016.
Troop 674 is sponsored by Church of the Savior United Methodist Church in Montgomery, Ohio and was originally chartered by the Dan Beard Council, Boy Scouts of America in Cincinnati, Ohio on December 1, 1955. Troop 674 is a highly active program with over 90 registered Scouts compared to the national average troop size of 19 Scouts.
- Mar 22 - St. Barnabas Episcopal Church: Lenten Education Series
- Mar 24 - Montgomery Presbyterian Church Fish Fry
- Mar 28 - Free Info Session on Bachelor's Degree at UC Blue Ash
- Apr 1 - Montgomery Food Share pick up date
- Apr 5 - Town Hall Lecture Series-Melissa Gilbert
- Apr 6 - Town Hall Lecture Series-Melissa Gilbert
- Apr 7 - Montgomery Presbyterian Church Fish Fry
- Apr 12 - Montgomery Ohio Chamber of Commerce Lunch Learn & Leads
- Apr 15 - Montgomery Assembly of God Easter Egg-Stravaganza
- May 6 - Montgomery Woman's Club Fashion Show