Luncheon honors Fathers of the Year, Free community event on Father’s Day
Talbert House will host its eighth annual Fatherhood Celebration Luncheon on June 2 from noon to 1:30 p.m. at the Hyatt Regency Downtown. On Father’s Day, a free community event will be held at Sawyer Point from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Talbert House’s Fatherhood Luncheon, presented by the Hatton Foundation, honors fathers from both the community and the Fatherhood Project, a program that assists men in their efforts to become responsible, committed and nurturing fathers. This year’s luncheon, held on Thursday, June 2 at the Hyatt Regency Downtown, will honor Buddy LaRosa, Ken Griffey Sr., and Brad Wallis as 2016 Fathers of the Year. The luncheon is held as an annual fundraiser allowing Talbert House to provide services at no charge to the fathers.
On Sunday, June 19, Talbert House will host its sixth annual Fatherhood Community Celebration, a free fun-filled day for dads and families to enjoy games, arts and crafts, sports activities, entertainment, food and beverages, and more. The celebration occurs annually on Father’s Day and features appearances from local bands, celebrities, and mascots.
Talbert House is one of the city’s leading advocates for promoting fatherhood. To register for the luncheon or for more information, visit www.talberthouse.org or contact Jenna Toon at 513-751-7747 ext. 1095. Sponsorship opportunities are still available.
Talbert House is a community-wide nonprofit that operates within five service lines: Adult Behavioral Health, Community Care, Court and Corrections, Housing, and Youth Behavioral Health. Children, adults and families benefit from these proven services. Each year, Talbert House serves over 37,500 clients face to face and an additional 28,000 are reached through prevention services throughout Greater Cincinnati. The Talbert House mission has two basic purposes: to improve social behavior and enhance personal recovery and growth.
- May 6 - Sycamore Athletic Boosters Annual Golf Outing
- May 12 - Montgomery Ohio Chamber of Commerce Lunch, Learn and Leads
- May 14 - Montgomery Woman's Club Derby Day themed luncheon and fashion show
- May 30 - BAMSO Memorial Day Concert
- Jun 4 - Montgomery Kiwanis Fishing Contest
- Jun 9 - Montgomery Chamber of Commerce Lunch, Learn & Leads
- Jul 14 - Montgomery Chamber of Commerce Lunch, Learn & Leads
- Aug 11 - Montgomery Chamber of Commerce Lunch, Learn & Leads
- Sep 8 - Montgomery Chamber of Commerce Free Hot Dog Event
- Sycamore Senior Center Meals on Wheels Staff Support
- Sycamore Senior Center Meals on Wheels Drivers
- Sycamore Senior Center Office Support
- Sycamore Senior Center Cafe Support
- Twin Lakes Offers Volunteer Opportunities
- City of Montgomery Volunteer Opportunities
- Operation Give Back seeks Tutors, Pantry & Office Assistant
- BAMSO Guild Seeks Volunteers
- NEEDS Collects Food, School Supplies for Area School Children