The Montgomery Historic Preservation Association will hold their annual meeting for members and guests at the Wilder Swaim House on Monday, May 9 at 6:30 p.m. Come celebrate National Preservation Month!
From 1881 until 1926 Montgomery residents could ride the C.C. & L. railway commuter train into the city of Blue Ash and then to Cincinnati. The Montgomery station was located on Shelley Lane between Cooper Road and Ted Gregory Lane, and the train ran through what is today Swaim Park and Swaim Field subdivision.
There were five commuter trains that left the city, and round trip fare to Cincinnati was 60 cents in the early 1900s. The station was close in 1926 due to a decline in use of trains as automobiles became more popular. The tracks were taken up in 1933 in order to construct Swaim Field Golf Course , which was in operation from 1933 to 1976.
- May 6 - Sycamore Athletic Boosters Annual Golf Outing
- May 12 - Montgomery Ohio Chamber of Commerce Lunch, Learn and Leads
- May 14 - Montgomery Woman's Club Derby Day themed luncheon and fashion show
- May 30 - BAMSO Memorial Day Concert
- Jun 4 - Montgomery Kiwanis Fishing Contest
- Jun 9 - Montgomery Chamber of Commerce Lunch, Learn & Leads
- Jul 14 - Montgomery Chamber of Commerce Lunch, Learn & Leads
- Aug 11 - Montgomery Chamber of Commerce Lunch, Learn & Leads
- Sep 8 - Montgomery Chamber of Commerce Free Hot Dog Event
- Sycamore Senior Center Meals on Wheels Staff Support
- Sycamore Senior Center Meals on Wheels Drivers
- Sycamore Senior Center Office Support
- Sycamore Senior Center Cafe Support
- Twin Lakes Offers Volunteer Opportunities
- City of Montgomery Volunteer Opportunities
- Operation Give Back seeks Tutors, Pantry & Office Assistant
- BAMSO Guild Seeks Volunteers
- NEEDS Collects Food, School Supplies for Area School Children