The General Federation of Women’s Clubs (GFWC) Ohio’s Purple Posey Project goal is to blanket the state with fresh purple chrysanthemums during the month of October. October is recognized as Domestic Violence Awareness and Prevention Month, and Montgomery Woman’s Club (MWC) is a partner in this statewide project. MWC members potted and decorated purple chrysanthemums with bows and fall leaves and donated the potted mums to various location throughout greater Cincinnati.
Here are the locations where you can see the potted mums. Libraries: Symmes Branch Library; Wyoming Library; Blue Ash Library; Anderson Library; YWCA, Downtown Cincinnati, Blue Ash; Powell Crosley YMCA; Finneytown, School Boards & Offices; Cincinnati Board of Education; Sycamore Board of Education; Wyoming Board of Education; Academic Professional Learning and Development; Mayerson Academy, Cincinnati; Medical Offices such as Dr. Steven Keller, DDS, DMD, Greater Cincinnati Internal Medicine, Inc, Drake Hospital. Other locations include; Montgomery City Offices; Crowne Plaza Blue Ash; TriHealth Fitness & Health Pavilion; Blue Ash Rec Center; US Bank Blue Ash. Commercial Businesses & Offices include: Lexus Dealership, Kings Mall; Graydon Head Law Firm in Cincinnati; Curiosity Advertising, Cincinnati; Mark Williams Auto Group, Cincinnati and Montgomery Inn. And finally, a posie to Hamilton County Domestic Relations Court.
For Connect Montgomery’s Making A Difference Day on October 24, 2015, the Montgomery Woman’s Club will be at the Montgomery Farmer’s Market and will be selling Teen Violence Awareness bracelets These bracelets were made by club members. These bracelets are to call attention to Teen Dating Violence. Educational material on Teen Dating Violence will be provided with the bracelets.
- Oct 11 - Montgomery's International Reception
- Oct 14 - Town Hall Lecture Series with Steve Hartman
- Oct 15 - Town Hall Lecture Series with Steve Hartman
- Oct 24 - Connect Montgomery Making A Difference Day
- Oct 31 - Finery and Fleas
- Nov 11 - Town Hall Lecture Series with Mark Kelly
- Nov 12 - Town Hall Lecture Series with Mark Kelly
- Dec 5 - Montgomery Food Share pick-up date
- Mar 9 - Town Hall Lecture Series with Janice Driver
- Mar 10 - Town Hall Lecture Series with Janice Driver
- Sycamore Senior Center Meals on Wheels Staff Support
- Sycamore Senior Center Meals on Wheels Drivers
- Sycamore Senior Center Office Support
- Sycamore Senior Center Cafe Support
- Twin Lakes Offers Volunteer Opportunities
- City of Montgomery Volunteer Opportunities
- Operation Give Back seeks Tutors, Pantry & Office Assistant
- BAMSO Guild Seeks Volunteers