The Montgomery Woman’s Club is hosting their second annual gift shower, “A Shower of Sunshine”, for New Beginnings, a program of the Assistance League of Greater Cincinnati, on October 15 at their monthly meeting. The club, in keeping with the mission of the Assistance League, a national non-profit organization, recognizes the critical needs of women and children fleeing domestic violence. The shower will provide much needed items for their new households. Judge Amy Searcy, of the Hamilton County Domestic Relations Court, will present a program on “Domestic Violence in Today’s Society and How the Courts Protect Children.” The program begins at 7:15 p.m. The public is invited. For more information regarding the shower, please contact the Montgomery Woman’s Club at or leave a message at 891-1901.
For more information about the New Beginnings Program check out this link. The New Beginnings Program is also receiving donations on Making A Difference Day.
October is National Domestic Violence Awareness Month.
- Jan 12 - Montgomery Ohio Chamber of Commerce Lunch Learn & Leads
- Mar 8 - Town Hall Lecture Series-Katie Laur
- Mar 9 - Town Hall Lecture Series-Katie Laur
- Apr 5 - Town Hall Lecture Series-Melissa Gilbert
- Apr 6 - Town Hall Lecture Series-Melissa Gilbert