The Community of the Good Shepherd has announced a series of outreach activities prior to Making A Difference Day on October 24, 2015.
September 26/27, 2015 St. Vincent de Paul Truck Drive
October 10/11, 2015 Whitley City Used Toy Collection Details: Clean and gently used toys, games, puzzles, etc. are collected along with new or clean gently used newborn/infant clothing after the Masses.
October 11, 2015 Drop Inn Center Details: The Community of the Good Shepherd provides a dinner meal the second Sunday of each month to the homeless at the center in Downtown Cincinnati. Volunteers donate food items for the dinner and/or serve the dinner. Commitment time is flexible.
October 17/18 & October 24/25, 2015 Annual Mary Magdalen House Winter Clothing and Special Needs Drive Details: Collection of new or gently used items for men and women of Greater Cincinnati who are walking the streets in despair, without jobs, feeling hopeless, and suffering with mental illnesses, disabilities, and addictions. The Mary Magdalen House reaches out to these individuals. Reminder slips will be given out the first week with a listing of needed items and the second weekend will be the collection weekend.
October 18, 2015 Tender Mercies Meal Details: Each month, members of Shepherd’s Care ministry deliver and serve an evening meal to 40-50 occupants of Tender Mercies’ housing in Over-the-Rhine.
On-Going Outreach Large blue bins are in key locations of our building for the collection of food and other personal care items each day. Donated items are picked up weekly and support St. Francis Seraph Ministries in Over-the-Rhine in Downtown Cincinnati.
Parish Information, Contact The Community of the Good Shepherd 8815 E. Kemper Rd. Cincinnati, OH 45249 513-489-8815 www.good-shepherd.org for more information.
Parish Contacts Coordinator of Outreach Ministries: Dave Scharfenberger, ext. 718, Director of Communications: Patty Lindner, ext. 713,
- Ascension Lutheran Church
- Blue Ash/Montgomery Rotary Club
- Blue Ash/Montgomery Symphony Orchestra
- City of Montgomery
- Kindervelt #22
- Montgomery Assembly of God
- Montgomery Chamber of Commerce
- Montgomery Citizens' Leadership Academy Alumni
- Montgomery Farmers' Market
- Montgomery Kiwanis
- Montgomery Presbyterian Church
- Montgomery Woman's Club
- New Church of Montgomery
- Northeast Emergency Distribution Services (NEEDS)
- Operation Give Back
- St. Barnabas Episcopal Church
- Sycamore Senior Center
- The Community of the Good Shepherd
- Twin Lakes of Montgomery
- Sycamore Senior Center Meals on Wheels Staff Support
- Sycamore Senior Center Meals on Wheels Drivers
- Sycamore Senior Center Office Support
- Sycamore Senior Center Cafe Support
- Twin Lakes Offers Volunteer Opportunities
- City of Montgomery Volunteer Opportunities
- Operation Give Back seeks Tutors, Pantry & Office Assistant
- BAMSO Guild Seeks Volunteers
- NEEDS Collects Food, School Supplies for Area School Children