“Give thanks with a grateful heart,” reads the posting in the St. Paul Community United Methodist Church bulletin, “bring canned goods to church every Sunday.” The members of this church realize that though it’s wonderful to be generous during holiday season, hunger is year round. More importantly “hunger never gets a summer vacation.” The Northeast Emergency Distribution Services (NEEDS)http://www.cincyneeds.org/ is particularly sensitive to children’s food insecurity that can increase as early as May when low-income children no longer receive free and reduced meals at school. Not only is the demand greater but consequently without schools in session, with clubs and teams available to do canned food drives, food pantries notice that intake and monetary donations drop.
It is the mission of the Northeast Emergency Distribution Service (NEEDS) to provide emergency assistance to the neediest families in the Northeast Cincinnati community. In addition to canned goods and non-perishables, community members can also support NEEDS monetarily by sending checks to: NEEDS, 8341 Kenwood Rd., Cincinnati, Ohio 45236. Truly, during the summer when you are fortunate to share good times with your neighbors, please consider your neighbors who are in need with a donation to NEEDS.
NEEDS is a community of 25 churches and civic organizations whose mission is to do God’s work through caring for their neighbors by providing basic emergency assistance. NEEDS is an all-volunteer cooperative located in the Kenwood Baptist Church. NEEDS does not receive government support. The NEEDS board oversees an active foodbank, as well as provides neighbors-in-need with housing and utility payment assistance. During the year NEEDS supports local schools through school supply and clothing drives. NEEDS serves more than 2,500 people in northeastern Hamilton County.
The NEEDS food pantry is located at the Kenwood Baptist Church, 8341 Kenwood Road, 45236 and is open Tuesday and Thursdays from 9 am – 1 pm. Donations of canned goods and other items are always accepted at the NEEDS food pantry. Monetary gifts can be mailed to: NEEDS, 8341 Kenwood Road, Cincinnati, Ohio 45236. For pick-up of donated items or to ask questions please call (513) 891-0850 (NEEDS) or checkout NEEDS website: http://www.cincyneeds.org/
- Nov 22 - Montgomery Ecumenical Thanksgiving Prayer Service
- Dec 5 - Montgomery Food Share pick-up date
- Dec 13 - Montgomery Presbyterian Church hosts Christmas Wassail Hour
- Dec 17 - Community of the Good Shepherd hosts A Capella Christmas
- Dec 20 - St. Barnabas "Lessons and Carols" holiday service
- Mar 9 - Town Hall Lecture Series with Janice Driver
- Mar 10 - Town Hall Lecture Series with Janice Driver
- Apr 13 - Town Hall Lecture Series with Nicholas Sparks
- Apr 14 - Town Hall Lecture Series with Nicholas Sparks
- Sycamore Senior Center Meals on Wheels Staff Support
- Sycamore Senior Center Meals on Wheels Drivers
- Sycamore Senior Center Office Support
- Sycamore Senior Center Cafe Support
- Twin Lakes Offers Volunteer Opportunities
- City of Montgomery Volunteer Opportunities
- Operation Give Back seeks Tutors, Pantry & Office Assistant
- BAMSO Guild Seeks Volunteers
- NEEDS Collects Food, School Supplies for Area School Children