On March 8, nearly 1,000 Sycamore High School students and adult family members (parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc.) will test their old school gaming skills at the annual Odd Couples Ball, a dinner and dance where students invite a parent or a favorite adult as their date.
As attendees enjoy hors d’oeuvres, they can partake in video games, pinball, foosball, air hockey, ping-pong games and more in the Aves Arcade, created by PTO volunteers who transform the high school.
The games and appetizers will be followed by a catered meal and then dancing to music of Waiting on Ben, band of Paul Alexander, former teacher and golf coach.
The Odd Couples Ball will be held on March 8 from 6 p.m. until 10:30 p.m. at Sycamore High School, 7400 Cornell Road.
Tickets to the dance are $60 per couple or $30 a person. Order forms are available at the high school.
Volunteers are still needed to help decorate, serve food and take down decorations after the dance. Students also may volunteer during setup and teardown and will receive volunteer hour forms upon request. Anyone interested in volunteering should email Juliet Knechtly, volunteer coordinator, at and include “Odd Couples” in the subject line.
- Sycamore Senior Center Meals on Wheels Staff Support
- Sycamore Senior Center Meals on Wheels Drivers
- Sycamore Senior Center Office Support
- Sycamore Senior Center Cafe Support
- Office Support at Montgomery City Hall
- Volunteers needed to assist Cardboard Recycling Project
- Twin Lakes Offers Volunteer Opportunities
- City of Montgomery Volunteer Opportunities
- Operation Give Back seeks Tutors, Pantry & Office Assistant
- BAMSO Guild Seeks Volunteers