Making A Difference Day 2016 List of Projects
Below is a list of projects for Making A Difference Day 2016 on Saturday, October 22. Please review the list and sign up for the project in which you and your family would like to participate. *Need not be a member of any of these service organizations to participate. Volunteers are invited guests at any of these projects.
The project list of volunteer activities below includes emails of the organizers. At the end of the page is a sign up form, and once you complete & submit the form, an organizer will contact you with additional information.
This list is being updated often. Check back for the latest updates
Collections for NEEDS Pantry
- organized by Ascension Lutheran Church.
- collecting donations of cereal, canned fruit and canned vegetables, especially peas.
- NEEDS is the NorthEast Emergency Distribution Services located at 8341 Kenwood Road. NEEDs is a group of concerned churches and organizations providing emergency assistance to community members in northeastern Hamilton County.
- Contact Cam Baker at firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer opportunities at Matthew 25 Ministries
- Rotary Club of Northeast Cincinnati, City of Montgomery, Montgomery Assembly of God, Sycamore High School National Honor Society.
- 9:00- 11:00 A.M.
- Matthew 25 Ministries, 11060 Kenwood Road.
- Families, groups and individuals are invited to sign-up. Volunteers must be 14 years of age or older.
- Projects at Matthew 25 Ministries include sorting donations, preparing emergency kits or duties as assigned.
- Must email email@example.com to reserve a spot.
Write letters to our troops in Afghanistan
- Twin Lakes Senior Living Community.
- Twin Lakes of Montgomery, 9840 Montgomery Road.
- Contact Nancy.Schwandner@lec.org to volunteer.
Rotary Club of Northeast Cincinnati to Clean up Little Miami River- Oct. 15
- Cleaning up Little Miami River on Oct. 15 from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Contact Dave Hershberger at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 793-6586 to volunteer.
Collecting books for 3rd graders for Assistance League of Cincinnati.
- Collection at St. Barnabas Episcopal Church, 10345 Montgomery Road from 10:00 a.m. to 12noon.
- Members of the Assistance League of Greater Cincinnati will be available to collect those donated books at that time. The Assistance League folks will take care of distributing the books to school districts.
- If there are members of the public who want to bring their donated books to St. Barnabas at an earlier date, please call John Nolan at (513) 263-0399.
- Contact John Nolan at email@example.com for more information.
Collect donations for Operation Give Back
- Operation Give Back in need of donations for food pantry, school supply drive and holiday store.
- Contact Operation Give Back at 489-2023 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Donations may be dropped off at 10891 Millington Court during an open house on Oct. 22 from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Donations may also be dropped off during their normal office hours on Tuesday through Thursday from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Volunteer at A Child’s Hope International/Hands Against Hunger
- Volunteers pack 4 ingredients into Hands Against Hunger food packet. Each ingredient serves an important purpose in helping children recover from malnutrition and saving them from a painful and prolonged death by starvation.
- Volunteer at the factory, The Hope Factory, 2430 E. Kemper Road, Cincinnati, OH 45241 from 9:00 a.m. to 12noon.
- Sponsored by the New Church of Montgomery. Contact Pete Toot for more information.
- Or go to this link to sign up for Oct. 22.
Leaf Raking by Sycamore Junior High School Builders Club
- Contact Ms. Reece at 686-1760 ext 258 if you would like to have a group come to your home and rake leaves. ** RESCHEDULED to October 28**. Contact Ms. Reece for more information.
“New Beginnings” Shower hosted by Montgomery Woman’s Club
- Holding a “shower” for the New Beginnings program of Assistance League of Greater Cincinnati on Thursday, Oct. 20 at 7:00 p.m. at Terwilliger Lodge. Donors are invited to bring the following items to the shower including pots and pans. dishes, flatware, glasses, cooking utensils, towels and sheets – in short any items which are needed for a victim of domestic violence who is trying to establish a new, safe home for herself and her children. The speaker for this event will be the President of Assistance League of Greater Cincinnati who will share stories about their clients and the services that are provided for them.
Montgomery’s Welcome Letter Writing Group and St. Barnabas Church will be volunteering at Crayons to Computers on Oct. 22 for Connect Montgomery’s Making A Difference Day. This group is already filled