The University of Cincinnati Blue Ash College is encouraging high school poets and songwriters to submit their work to the UC Blue Ash Poetry Contest by the December 2, 2016 deadline.
The annual contest is hosted by the English Department at UC Blue Ash College and has categories for high school and college students. There will be prizes for first, second and third place in the high school category. Honorable Mention awards are also possible.
The winners will be announced in February 2017 and will have their poems published in the Blue Ash Review. They will also be invited to read their winning poem at the UC Blue Ash Poetry Café in March.
Below are the criteria for submissions:
– Up to three poems may be submitted per student.
– The poem length should not exceed one page.
– All poems must be submitted online at firstname.lastname@example.org along with the name of the student’s high school teacher.
Judges will look for interesting treatment of subject, vivid and surprising language, poetic techniques, authentic voice, and the poet’s depth of response to the subject.
December 2, 2016 is also the deadline for the songwriting portion of the contest, co-sponsored once again by Willis Music. Students can submit up to three original songs in both recorded (mp3, etc.) form and typewritten form online at www.ucblueash.edu/songwritingcontest. Prizes will be awarded and winners will be invited to perform their songs at the UC Blue Ash Poetry Café in March.
If you have questions or need more information, contact Professor Rhonda Pettit at (513) 745-8319 or by email at email@example.com.
UC Blue Ash College is a regional college within the University of Cincinnati. It offers one of the best values in higher education with access to a nationally recognized UC education in nearly 50 degrees and certificates, as well as tuition that is about half of most colleges and universities. The college is located on a scenic 135-acre wooded campus in the heart of Blue Ash, Ohio. To learn more, call (513) 745-5600, visit us online at www.ucblueash.edu, like us on Facebook, or follow us on Twitter and Instagram.
- May 29 - BAMSO Memorial Day Concert
- Jun 3 - Montgomery Kiwanis fishing contest
- Jun 3 - Montgomery Food Share pick up date
- Jun 8 - Montgomery Ohio Chamber of Commerce Lunch, Learn, and Leads
- Jun 22 - Montgomery Chamber After 5
- Jun 25 - St. Barnabas concert for Habitat for Humanity
- Jul 3 - Blue Ash Montgomery Symphony Orchestra July 3 Concert