Member organizations of Connect Montgomery wish to thank the many volunteers and organizations that participated in this year’s Making A Difference Day activities on Oct. 22.
Ascension Lutheran Church reported an extremely successful day in support of the N.E.E.D.S. (Northeast Emergency Distribution Services) Pantry. Eight volunteers, doing two hour shifts at the Montgomery Kroger, collected 871 donated items including cereal, soup, vegetables and jelly and $120 in cash donations.
Nine volunteers from the New Church of Montgomery worked to package four ingredients into Hands Against Hunger food packets to prevent child malnutrition and hunger. The New Church of Montgomery group packaged 2160 meals and altogether 155,000 plus meals were packed at the facility.
Finally, 30 individuals from the City of Montgomery and the Sister Cities Commission, HORAN, Rotary Club of Northeast Cincinnati, Montgomery Assembly of God, New Church of Montgomery and Sycamore High School National Honor Society volunteered at Matthew 25 Ministries. They matched donated shoes and prepared care packages.
Twelve volunteers from St. Barnabas Episcopal Church, along with a group of six volunteers from the Montgomery Welcome Letter Writing Group, volunteered at Crayons to Computers on Oct.22. The group unloaded and sorted items in the warehouse and repackaged them for easy distribution in the teacher store.
If you are still in need of assistance with raking leaves, the Sycamore Junior High Builder’s Club rescheduled their raking day to Friday, Oct. 28. Contact Ms. Reece at 686-1760 ext 2581 for assistance.
- Mar 28 - Free Info Session on Bachelor's Degree at UC Blue Ash
- Apr 1 - Montgomery Food Share pick up date
- Apr 5 - Town Hall Lecture Series-Melissa Gilbert
- Apr 6 - Town Hall Lecture Series-Melissa Gilbert
- Apr 7 - Montgomery Presbyterian Church Fish Fry
- Apr 12 - Montgomery Ohio Chamber of Commerce Lunch Learn & Leads
- Apr 15 - Montgomery Assembly of God Easter Egg-Stravaganza
- May 6 - Montgomery Woman's Club Fashion Show
- Jun 3 - Montgomery Food Share pick up date