Dr. Walter Brueggemann, one of the most influential and dynamic Bible interpreters of our time, will speak at St. Barnabas Episcopal Church, 10345 Montgomery Rd on Wednesday, October 26 at 7:00 p.m. in the church’s Sanctuary.
His topic “A Thick Conversation about Fidelity” will consider writings from the Book of Psalms. These ancient songs reflect the depth of human experience; suffering and despair to hope and blessing. Dr. Brueggemann will reflect on these psalms as spiritual resources for our own dialogue with God, emphasizing God’s fidelity in crisis as well as in confidence.
Walter Brueggemann is William Marcellus McPheeters Professor Emeritus of Old Testament at Columbia Theological Seminary. He is a past president of the Society of Biblical Literature and an ordained minister in the United Church of Christ. He has recently published Psalms: New Cambridge Bible Commentary with William Bellinger (Cambridge University Press), Sabbath as Resistance (Westminster John Knox Press), and Reality, Grief, Hope (Eerdmans Press). He has recently received the Niebuhr award from his alma mater, Elmhurst College.
This program is part of St. Barnabas’ ongoing adult Christian education series, and is free and open to the public. For more information, call the church office at 513.984.8401.
- Mar 28 - Free Info Session on Bachelor's Degree at UC Blue Ash
- Apr 1 - Montgomery Food Share pick up date
- Apr 5 - Town Hall Lecture Series-Melissa Gilbert
- Apr 6 - Town Hall Lecture Series-Melissa Gilbert
- Apr 7 - Montgomery Presbyterian Church Fish Fry
- Apr 12 - Montgomery Ohio Chamber of Commerce Lunch Learn & Leads
- Apr 15 - Montgomery Assembly of God Easter Egg-Stravaganza
- May 6 - Montgomery Woman's Club Fashion Show
- Jun 3 - Montgomery Food Share pick up date