The Montgomery Woman’s Club (MWC) offers a writing contest each year under the auspices of the General Federation of Woman’s Clubs (GFWC) and the Ohio Federation of Woman’s Clubs for local students. The first place winners in the four categories for either short story or poetry are then sent to the state contest. Six local students were distinguished for their writing at the Ohio Federation of Woman’s Clubs State Convention. The MWC is pleased to announce the winners of the state contest. The winners’ writings will continue on to a national contest.
Category 1 Adeline Murphy (Montgomery Elementary) Poetry, ‘What I want for Christmas’
Category 2 Isabelle Reitz (All Saints School) Short Story, ‘No More Presents?’
Category 3 Niyati Kanchan (Sycamore JR HS) Short Story, Fable;’Vinnie’s Vanity’
Category 3 Deeya Prakash (EH Greene Intermediate School) Poetry, ‘October’
Category 4 Kirsten Thomas (Sycamore HS) Short Story, ‘The Girl’
Category 4 Grace Gore (Sycamore HS) Poetry, ‘Jazzy Blues’
The MWC has been encouraging education and culture for both its members and the students in the school district since its inception. Club members initiated the first library, started their Town Hall Lecture Series and has provided two cultural experiences for each student up to grade 12 as well as the writing contests and scholarships.
- May 29 - BAMSO Memorial Day Concert
- Jun 3 - Montgomery Kiwanis fishing contest
- Jun 3 - Montgomery Food Share pick up date
- Jun 8 - Montgomery Ohio Chamber of Commerce Lunch, Learn, and Leads
- Jun 22 - Montgomery Chamber After 5
- Jun 25 - St. Barnabas concert for Habitat for Humanity
- Jul 3 - Blue Ash Montgomery Symphony Orchestra July 3 Concert