The Montgomery Historic Preservation Association will hold their annual meeting for members and guests at the Wilder Swaim House on Monday, May 9 at 6:30 p.m. Come celebrate National Preservation Month!
From 1881 until 1926 Montgomery residents could ride the C.C. & L. railway commuter train into the city of Blue Ash and then to Cincinnati. The Montgomery station was located on Shelley Lane between Cooper Road and Ted Gregory Lane, and the train ran through what is today Swaim Park and Swaim Field subdivision.
There were five commuter trains that left the city, and round trip fare to Cincinnati was 60 cents in the early 1900s. The station was close in 1926 due to a decline in use of trains as automobiles became more popular. The tracks were taken up in 1933 in order to construct Swaim Field Golf Course , which was in operation from 1933 to 1976.
- May 29 - BAMSO Memorial Day Concert
- Jun 3 - Montgomery Kiwanis fishing contest
- Jun 3 - Montgomery Food Share pick up date
- Jun 8 - Montgomery Ohio Chamber of Commerce Lunch, Learn, and Leads
- Jun 22 - Montgomery Chamber After 5
- Jun 25 - St. Barnabas concert for Habitat for Humanity
- Jul 3 - Blue Ash Montgomery Symphony Orchestra July 3 Concert