Nicholas Sparks went from a job-jumping salesman in 1994 that wrote in the evenings, to a very successful New York Times best selling author. After being rejected from both publishers and law schools, his manuscript was discovered in a slush pile in 1995 by Warner Books who famously paid a million dollars for an unknown story about a notebook. From “The Notebook” to “The Longest Ride”, 11 of Mr. Sparks 18 books have been made into movies.
Nicholas Sparks takes his audiences deeper into the sleepy towns and poignant relationships that ignite the pages of his romantic books. In person, he displays the traits that make his books so beloved: great storytelling, a unique voice and a charm that connects through the power of words.
You can hear Mr. Sparks story either Wednesday evening, April 13th, at 8:00 p.m. at Sycamore Junior High School auditorium , 5757 Cooper Road, or Thursday morning,g April 14th, at 11:00 a.m. at Montgomery Assembly of God, 7950 Pfeiffer Road.
Tickets may be purchased online at www.montgomerywomansclub.org , calling (513) 684-1632 or at the door. They are $45.00. Mr. Sparks is the last speaker in the 2015-2016 Town Hall Lecture Series sponsored by the Montgomery Woman’s Club, Inc. The 2016-2017 lecture series speakers will be announced at these lectures.
- May 29 - BAMSO Memorial Day Concert
- Jun 3 - Montgomery Kiwanis fishing contest
- Jun 3 - Montgomery Food Share pick up date
- Jun 8 - Montgomery Ohio Chamber of Commerce Lunch, Learn, and Leads
- Jun 22 - Montgomery Chamber After 5
- Jun 25 - St. Barnabas concert for Habitat for Humanity
- Jul 3 - Blue Ash Montgomery Symphony Orchestra July 3 Concert