Community leaders have been invited to read passages during the annual Lessons and Carols program produced by St. Barnabas Episcopal Church in Montgomery, OH.
The program, which is open to the public, will take place Sunday, December 20 at 4 p.m. at the church, 10345 Montgomery Rd.
Lessons and Carols is an Anglican tradition dating from the 1800s that features traditional Christmas carols and hymns along with spiritual readings that tell the story of Jesus’ birth. The music will be performed by the adult, children’s and bell choirs of St. Barnabas. The service typically lasts about an hour.
Community members who will participate in the readings include Montgomery City Council member Gerri Harbison; Adena Warner, Faith Relations Coordinator for Habitat for Humanity of Greater Cincinnati; and Alexis Kidd, Executive Director of the Findlay Street (Cincinnati) Neighborhood House.
The program offers a peaceful, contemplative and spiritual way to reflect on the holiday season. Lessons and Carols is a beautiful musical offering all can enjoy, regardless of religious preference.
For more information, call the church at 513.984.8401, or go online to www.st-barnabas.org.
St. Barnabas Episcopal Church has resided in Montgomery more than 33 years. It offers Sunday services at 8 and 10 a.m. It will hold a 4 p.m. Christmas Eve Service (12/24) tailored for families with children, and a 10:30 p.m. Festive Choral Eucharist. All are welcome to attend.
- Mar 28 - Free Info Session on Bachelor's Degree at UC Blue Ash
- Apr 1 - Montgomery Food Share pick up date
- Apr 5 - Town Hall Lecture Series-Melissa Gilbert
- Apr 6 - Town Hall Lecture Series-Melissa Gilbert
- Apr 7 - Montgomery Presbyterian Church Fish Fry
- Apr 12 - Montgomery Ohio Chamber of Commerce Lunch Learn & Leads
- Apr 15 - Montgomery Assembly of God Easter Egg-Stravaganza
- May 6 - Montgomery Woman's Club Fashion Show
- Jun 3 - Montgomery Food Share pick up date