In its fifth year, Connect Montgomery’s Making a Difference Day will be held on Saturday, October 24. Once again, Connect Montgomery is leading a partnership of volunteer organizations to make a unified impact on Making a Difference Day. The Montgomery Citizens’ Leadership Academy Class of 2014 will be coordinating the effort. This year, in addition to community organizations, Connect Montgomery is urging families to become involved. There is bountiful research that indicates that volunteering as a family has a myriad of fundamental benefits.
Volunteering in fact:
- Helps families learn about social issues and provides a new perspective on the world
- Provides positive role models and passes on family values to children
- Provides new learning experiences and development of new skills for both children and adults
- Provides quality time for the family to spend together
- Increases interpersonal communication and the problem-solving abilities of family members
- Helps youth decide what they want to do with their life
If your family or organization would like to become involved in Making a Difference Day, contact Julie Tople, MCLA 2014, at 513-518-8880 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.